By Gerard Loughlin
- Discusses quite a few movies, together with the Alien quartet, Christopher Nolan’s keepsake, Stanley Kubrick’s 2001: an area Odyssey and A Clockwork Orange, Nicolas Roeg’s the fellow Who Fell to Earth and Derek Jarman’s The Garden.
- Draws on a variety of authors, either historical and sleek, non secular and secular, from Plato to Levinas, from Karl Barth and Hans Urs von Balthasar to André Bazin and Leo Bersani.
- Uses cinema to consider the church as an ecclesiacinema, and flicks to contemplate sexual wish as erotic dispossession, as a manner into the lifetime of God.
- Written from a significantly orthodox Christian viewpoint, instantaneously either Catholic and critical.
Read or Download Alien Sex: The Body and Desire in Cinema and Theology (Challenges in Contemporary Theology) PDF
Best film & video art books
The tip of the second one global struggle observed the emergence of neorealist movie in Italy. In Italian Neorealist Cinema, Christopher Wagstaff analyses 3 neorealist motion pictures that experience had major impression on filmmakers around the globe. Wagstaff treats those motion pictures as assemblies of sounds and pictures instead of as representations of historic fact.
In reading the long-lasting attraction that rags-to-riches tales exert on our collective mind's eye, this ebook highlights the crucial position that motion pictures have performed within the ongoing cultural discourse approximately good fortune and paintings in America.
The dying of the hot German Cinema and the go back of renowned cinema because the Nineties have resulted in a renewed curiosity within the postwar years and the complex courting among East and West German cinema particularly. A survey of the Nineteen Fifties, as provided right here for the 1st time, is for that reason lengthy late.
You don’t need to be Harry Potter, Hermione Granger or Dr. unusual to be slammed by means of poisonous power wielded via masters of the darkish Arts. This publication is helping you shield your self opposed to the unfavourable strength and harsh phrases that drain the existence from us. so you might dwell at your maximum point of real-life good fortune and happiness, you want to have “layers of countermeasures” to address the poisonous strategies that a few humans use.
- Down Under Milk Wood: Of Burton and Taylor, O'Toole and Others, Dylan and Me
- Independent Film Distribution: How to Make a Successful End Run Around the Big Guys
- Gender, Nation and Popular Film in India: Globalizing Muscular Nationalism (Routledge Contemporary South Asia Series)
- Raoul Peck: Power, Politics, and the Cinematic Imagination
- Feminist Film Theorists: Laura Mulvey, Kaja Silverman, Teresa de Lauretis, Barbara Creed (Routledge Critical Thinkers)
Extra resources for Alien Sex: The Body and Desire in Cinema and Theology (Challenges in Contemporary Theology)